Davao City Food Finds


Davao is packed with a lot of good restaurants to dine in. I was given a chance to try a few during my short visit to this place.

Here are some of the food spots/dishes that I was able to sample during my short stay in Davao:




ROXAS AVENUE

At night, this street transforms into a food heaven. There are lots of banchetto-style stalls that sell a variety of food -- from sandwiches to burgers and pasta to grilled seafood. The price is also very reasonable.


Grilled stuff are everywhere. They have almost everything here -- tuna panga, tuna belly, liempo, chicken inato (grilled chicken), wings, pa-a, pitso, tenga, isaw, squid, and a lot more.

I'd be glad to trade anything for these fat squids. Yum.

LYNDON'S WORST RIBS AND AWFUL CHICKEN

I learned that the owner decided to name the restaurant such for marketing purposes. Don't be misled. This place is well-known for great food.

I was able to try their Grilled Chicken and Sinuglaw.

I had grilled (awful, as they call it) chicken (Lyndon's style) served with their signature sauce, a cup of rice, and corn. 
Sinuglaw came from the words "sinugba" which means "grilled", and "kinilaw." The dish is made of fresh tuna chunks and inihaw na liempo, garnished with onion and cucumber slices, and bathed in spiced vinegar. Heaven.
Here's Lyndon's store info. They accept credit cards for payments.

Lyndon's Worst Ribs and Awful Chicken - Roxas Branch
740 Roxas Ave.
Contact No: (082)221-1381
Mobile No: 0922-8637123

Lyndon's - Bajada Branch
Wheels and More Drive, Bajada
Contact No. (082) 305-7123 ,09228643124

GREEN COFFEE

There's a lot of good coffee and dessert shops in Davao, and Green Coffee is one of them.
I was able to try their Mocha Frappuccino and Blueberry Cheesecake.

They serve great cakes and coffee here. Although I find it a bit pricier than other shops.




Green Coffee is located on F. Torres Street in Poblacion, Davao City. The shop is right in front of Lachi's.


HUKAD SA GOLDEN COWRIE

Hukad is a great place for rustic Filipino food lovers. There are several Hukad branches in Davao. The one that I've been to is located in SM Lanang.

I absolutely loved the Baked Scallops.



Thank you, Davao, for letting me experience a portion of your cuisine. I know you still have much to offer. I know there's still a lot more that I need to try and taste. I'll surely come back to you in the future.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

About me

 photo 91bdb705-70b2-4e33-8576-8e685b072f51_zpswex6bu2b.jpg
Hello! My name is Daniel. Full-time worker. Traveler. Beach lover. Freediving enthusiast. Food finder. Street Photographer. Mountaineer. Ordinary. Free-spirited. Spontaneous. Potterhead. 90% human. 10% starfish. The Philippines is my home.