Baguio City Food Finds


There was a point I felt like I am forever stuck in the four corners of my gray workstation. My mind was screaming for a vacation, and so I hailed my boss and requested for a vacation leave. My destination in mind? The summer capital. Baguio City.




Baguio is one of my happy places. This place is dear to me for I spent good years here when I was in college. I traveled with a group of friends and we mostly just filled our bellies with GREAT FOOD.




BISTRO BY HILL STATION
I dropped by this place during my first day in Baguio. This restaurant does a good job in preserving the heritage of old Baguio and at the same time letting their guests enjoy both modern and rustic dishes.
Hill Station Bistro in Camp John Hay. Photo by Tina Villa.
The menu is extensive and there are enough options to choose from. The price, however, is higher than other restaurants in Baguio but you'll get a good view of the city and a quiet, peaceful ambiance in return.
Seared salmon with guava reduction served on mashed potatoes and buttered vegetables. I absolutely loved it.
A glass of their house iced tea and the cool breeze on your face. Very therapeutic.
Hill Station Bistro is located in Baguio Ayala Land Technohub, Camp John Hay.
Phone: (074) - 423 0389
Email: info@hillstationbistro.com

VIZCO'S
Nothing's better than sipping your favorite coffee and pairing it with a slice (or two) of mouth-watering cake. All that while enjoying the cold Baguio weather. Absolute bliss.

Vizcos' blueberry cheesecake is a superstar.
Strawberry shortcake. Definitely a must-try.
Aside from cakes and desserts, they also serve pasta, sandwiches, and entrees. They also have combo meals that are reasonably priced.

Vizcos' has several branches in Baguio. There's one along Session Road and another in Camp John Hay.

GOOD TASTE
If you're looking for good food but you are on a tight budget, Good Taste is the perfect place for you. They serve Chinese dishes and all-time Filipino favorites. I personally loved their Lomi. The menu says it's good for 3-4 persons but the serving size will allow 2 or 3 more people to share.

Packed with thick noodles, quail eggs, and vegetables, this Lomi from Good Taste left my buds wanting for more.

PIZZA VOLANTE
I went jogging the next morning and decided to have a quick breakfast stop at Volante's in Camp John Hay. That's when I got introduced to a new favorite: their Chili con Carne Pizza.
This serving of Volante's Chili con Carne Pizza costs less than a hundred pesos. It's now one of my favorites.
Pizza Volante branches are located on Session Road and Camp John Hay.


50'S DINER
This place is the best for those who are looking for a classic American dining experience. The menu is extensive and exclusively Western, which includes salads, sandwiches, burgers, steaks, chips, and a host of desserts and beverages.

I ordered their signature steak and had it medium rare. The serving size was impressive and the price is okay.

SYBLINGS NOOK CAFE
If you are coffee lover like me, you will definitely enjoy your favorite cup at Syblings Nook. The cafe is located on the second floor of SM Baguio. You'll get a nice cup of coffee at an affordable price and a spectacular view of the city.

Whether you want your coffee hot, iced, or blended, this place has the cup for you.

Mocha frappuccino by Syblings Nook.

Baguio is hailed as one of the places where you can find a lot of awesome places to eat. There's still more food gems that you can find in this great city.

I didn't mind the calories and the extra sugar during my stay here. I guess being bloated isn't always a bad thing. Most especially if you are in Baguio City.

2 comments:

  1. Have you been to Canto? Ugh, the whole Ketchup Food Community offers a variety of cuisines at budget-friendly prices! Try the Lomo Ribs at Canto--the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I wasn't able to visit the Ketchup Community. :( Maybe next time.

      Delete

 

Popular Posts

About me

 photo 91bdb705-70b2-4e33-8576-8e685b072f51_zpswex6bu2b.jpg
Hello! My name is Daniel. Full-time worker. Traveler. Beach lover. Freediving enthusiast. Food finder. Street Photographer. Mountaineer. Ordinary. Free-spirited. Spontaneous. Potterhead. 90% human. 10% starfish. The Philippines is my home.