Street Photography: Boracay in Black and White


Telling a story could be very challenging, especially if it has been told a lot of times.

That's exactly how I was feeling while I was this post about my [first] recent trip to Boracay. I can't think of a different way to tell the experience. I've already read a lot of fun experiences and have seen a lot of breathtaking photos from other people who have been to Bora, and sharing my own in that way would definitely sound like a cliche.

So let me share my Boracay experience in black and white.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Walking along the streets of the island opened up a lot of different stories apart from the usual accounts of people who have been there.

Getting around the island is easy. Tricycles are abound and can take you anywhere. But of course, walking is the cheapest option.


Almost everything can be found here. Hungry? There are over 400 restaurants here to choose from. Bored? Water activities such as parasailing, helmet diving, etc. are available. Alone? There are a plethora of bars and clubs here. However,  for some people, it's just another day at work.










It was my first time to visit Boracay. I've been to many beaches but Bora is different. I now understand why this place constantly tops tourist destination lists. Everything that you are looking for is here -- food, socialization, activities, or just plain relaxation. Boracay simply has it all. However, the place is changing really fast. Over the years, commercialization and urbanization have greatly transformed Boracay. Tourists from all over the world flood throughout the year. The thought of Boracay being "raped" by these changes makes me wonder what this place could look like in a few more years.




Despite the commercial success of Boracay, a lot of work has to be done to ensure succeeding generations will continue to enjoy its beauty.










So, is it still worth it to visit Boracay? Absolutely, if you  ask me. As a first-time visitor, I definitely enjoyed the place. Probably because I do not have any idea what this place was like couple of years ago.

I think no matter what tourism and commercialization do to this island, one thing will remain the same: The ecstatic combination of white sand, blue waters, and a breathtaking sunset.

Boracay is no doubt still one of the best and most beautiful islands in the world.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts

About me

 photo 91bdb705-70b2-4e33-8576-8e685b072f51_zpswex6bu2b.jpg
Hello! My name is Daniel. Full-time worker. Traveler. Beach lover. Freediving enthusiast. Food finder. Street Photographer. Mountaineer. Ordinary. Free-spirited. Spontaneous. Potterhead. 90% human. 10% starfish. The Philippines is my home.